Happy May! Between managing busy work and school schedules, making summer plans, keeping up with chores and errands, running your thriving business, and trying to enjoy the (finally) nice weather, you probably don’t have a lot of free time these days. Don’t worry- we’ve got your back.
This month, let Tailwind take content planning off your plate 😌Keep reading for holiday-inspired ideas that will keep your social media calendar jam-packed with value and interest allllll month long.
May is the Month of….
- ALS Awareness Month
- Raises awareness and support for those diagnosed with ALS (Lou Gehrig’s Disease)
- Global Employee Health & Fitness Month
- Aims to promote health and wellness within the workplace
- National Military Appreciation Month
- Honors the sacrifices of the United States Armed Forces
- National Mental Health Awareness Month
- Focuses on educating the public about mental health
- Date Your Mate Month
- Celebrates and appreciates the significant other in your life
- National Photography Month
- Promotes the study and practice of photography
- National Recommitment Month
- Challenges one to evaluate and refocus on the things that matter most
May Monthly Post Ideas
A few ways to implement these:
- Take a day or two this month to spread awareness for a cause that’s close to your heart (whether that’s ALS, mental health, or something else). Repost helpful infographics or Pin useful resources for your audience
- Be sure to note your appreciation for the military service members in your life (and your followers!). If they’re close to you, give them a special shoutout on your Instagram Stories. If they’re not close friends, a general post to demonstrate your thanks for all service members is great too.
- If you’re a lifestyle blogger, try posting a fun date idea to your Instagram feed every day
- If you’re an Ecommerce business on Instagram, try taking a product photography course to up your social media game and be able to showcase how great your products really are.
- If you own or work for a larger company, share some ways that your company promotes employee health and wellness throughout the month
- If you’re a health and wellness blogger, use this opportunity to provide helpful ideas for businesses to incorporate into their company
- Finally, if your business has taken a backseat for a bit, take this opportunity to reaffirm, refocus, and realign your commitment to it during National Recommitment Month
Important Weeks in May
- Small Business Week (First Week)
- Recognizes the innovation, development, and service small businesses bring to the community
- Screen-Free Week (First Week)
- Encourages humans to take a break from the plethora of screens that dominate their everyday lives
- Public Service Recognition Week (Begins First Sunday of the Month)
- Honors federal, state, county, and local government workers and civil servants who keep our communities running
- Teacher Appreciation Week (First Monday-Friday)
- Recognizes those who have dedicated their lives to educating others
- National Etiquette Week (Begins Monday of Second Full Week)
- Celebrates the value of good manners
May Weekly Post Ideas
Ways to celebrate these with your business:
- During Small Business Week, don’t be afraid to highlight the amazing growth or accomplishments your small business has seen over time
- Whether your business is small or massive, you can support small businesses during this week by showcasing some of your favorites on your Instagram Story or repinning their content on your Boards. In fact, the Instagram Support Small Business sticker is perfect for this!
- Utilize your Instagram Stories to thank and honor the public service workers and teachers that have made a difference in your life and the livelihood of your business
Important Days in May
- May Day (May 1)
- Celebrates flowers and springtime
- National Star Wars Day (May 4)
- May the FOURTH be with you
- Cinco de Mayo (May 5)
- Celebrates Mexican-American heritage and pride
- National Day of Prayer (May 6)
- Sets time aside for the acts of meditation and prayer
- Mother’s Day (May 9)
- Recognizes the service and sacrifices of mothers and mother figures everywhere
- National Visit Your Relatives Day (May 18)
- Encourages families to take time out of their busy lives to spend quality time with each other
- National Be a Millionaire Day (May 20)
- Celebrates the idea of being a millionaire (and encourages one to take the steps necessary to get there)
- National Waitstaff Day (May 21)
- Demonstrates appreciation for the hardworking waitstaff in restaurants throughout the country
- National Wine Day (May 25)
- Celebrates the craft and consumption of wine!
- National Road Trip Day (May 28)
- Serves as the official kickoff of the summer road trip season
- National Creativity Day (May 30)
- Reminds Americans to unleash their imagination and look for inspiration in unexpected places
- Memorial Day (May 31)
- Honors all men and women who have died while serving in the United States Armed Forces
May Daily Post Ideas
Ways to recognizes these dates on social media:
- On May Day, break out your most aesthetic, pretty content. Arrange your products outdoors or with flowers. Sit outside and talk to your followers via Instagram Live or Instagram Stories. Run a special springtime promotion for your business.
- If you’re an Ecommerce business or service provider, prepare for Mother’s Day ahead of time by advertising promotions and special products that would make great gifts or experiences to celebrate with Mom
- On National ‘Be a Millionaire’ Day, take some time to think critically about your business and your goals. Make sure you’re on track to reaching those goals. Also, take some time to dream about the future to remind yourself why all your hard work is worth it
- On National Waitstaff Day, be sure to patronize the restaurants near you (and tip well!). If your audience is local, write a blog article or Facebook post to share some of your favorite restaurants near you
- On National Creativity Day, try doing something a little different with your social media. It can be anything you want as long as it’s different. See what the results are. You just might be surprised
- On Memorial Day, take a moment to remember the service members that have lost their lives in the line of duty. You may choose to make a personal or more general social media post to express your gratitude and remembrance
Conclusion: How to Use Monthly Trends In Your Marketing Content
Now that your content calendar is taken care of, you’re ready to tackle the rest of your to-do list– and make time to enjoy the season. 🌷
And, if you want to get a head start on creating content for the month, ! You can upload your photos into Tailwind Create to style gorgeous social media images, plan your posts on Instagram and Pinterest and schedule them for important dates throughout the month!
Which of these ideas or holidays will you be posting about this month? Let us know in the comments below! 👇
Psst! This Pin was made in seconds with Tailwind Create. Try it for yourself!
Social Media Marketing Tips and News